CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 1, 2009

Our Trip to Paris - April 2009

One place we definitely want to go to while in Paris was the Louvre (the largest museum in the world). We got to see many amazing things, including the Mona Lisa. My personal favorite were the Greek sculptures.


We had a lot of fun eating outside at some of the many cafe's that line the streets of Paris. We had nice spring, sunny weather while we were there (most days).

John and I dining at their cocktail reception.

The Palace of Versailles was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. These pictures just don't do it justice, although I really tried! The gardens stretched on for miles with walking paths, water, fountains, trees, flowers, sculptures...absolutely amazing.
This sculptures seems like the epitomy of relaxation.
The Arc de Triumph...way too big to get a photo of in one shot.

Our hotel was within walking distance of the Louvre gardens, so quite often we would walk there to relax between activities. We had a view of the Eiffel Tower where we sat.

Montmarte is an artist district in Paris. It is up on a hill and has a beautiful view of the city of Paris. This picture above is the Basilica resting on the hill in Montmartre.


Our hotel while we're waiting for the guide groups to gather together. This is the only picture we have of the hotel, but it was a real treat. It had really nice accomodations, but was also located within walking distance of most places we wanted to go.




Reims Cathedral on our trip to the French countryside.

I wanted to get a closeup on the gargoyles of this gothic cathedral in Reims.




Notre-Dame as the sun was setting on our river boat cruise. We were able to enjoy good food, live music, and see the sights of Paris along the river while the sun was setting. Then after the sun set it was even more amazing because Paris lives up to its name as the City of Lights. Everything was lit up, from the Eiffel Tower to all the buildings and bridges. It was a night John and I won't forget.

7 comments:

Joseph and Christina said...

Looks like an awesome place to vacation. I'm so glad you keep us posted. Merci!:)

pagesempire said...

Wow! Melanie you took great photos. Glad you and John were able to spend some time together in Paris.

Johnson said...

Looks like you had a great trip!! We are so jealous!!! Aaron LOVES Paris! We hope to go there soon! Glad you guys got to enjoy the city of love!!

Hannah

Kartchners said...

Your pictures are breathtaking Mel. I would love to visit Paris. How long were you there for?

Mel said...

Thanks everyone, we really did have a wonderful time! We got to stay in Paris for a week and the coordinators of the trip were sure to include a lot of different aspects of Paris, from the countryside to the museums and cathedrals to the street life. I hope you get the chance to go there soon Hannah and Kristine (I would have packed you in my bags and snuck you along)!

Vanessa said...

mel, i finally found your blog! looks like a blast! you and jon both look so handsome in all your photos...

Naomi said...

Just come across your blog. Your trip looked like alot of fun. Im glad I got to see you for a minute when in Idaho. Jed is getting so big hes way cute.